Northfield Baptist Church Supported Missionaries & Ministries
"The purpose of this church is to glorify God through the salvation of the lost and the edification of believers.”
It is the vision and goal of Northfield Baptist Church to carry out the command of Christ's Great Commission. Therefore, we view missions as an integral ministry of our church and of our individual members.
Northfield Baptist Church has the opportunity to support many who share the Gospel of Jesus Christ both in our country and throughout the world by meeting financial needs, offering encouragement and through prayer. Following is information on people as well as ministries that NBC supports.
Ways to Support NBC Missionaries and Ministries
Below, all of the missionaries and ministries are listed that Northfield Baptist Church supports. Here are some ideas of how you as a church member can support them.
- Be aware of their needs, prayer requests and praises provided through the prayer letters.
- Pray for our missionaries and ministries regularly.
- Send them special offerings through funds collected in the ABF groups. Requests can be sent to the Treasurer through the church office.
- Send them notes or cards of encouragement.
- Spend time with missionary families when they are in our area on furlough.
Pray for Our Missionaries
Included here is a prayer list of praises and requests for our current missionaries.
Jason and Adele Rice in Slovakia
- Pray for the Romania team retreat.
- Pray for the Missions Roundtable being held in November.
- Pray for healing for Jasons’s shoulder and for a clear MRI.
- Pray for Treatment to be effective for their son’s autoimmune disease and for protection of his health.
- Pray for safety, good health and stamina for their upcoming international travels.
Josh, Rachel, Nate, Anna Stewart in Taiwan
- Pray for God’s Spirit to cause the gospel seed to sprout in their neighbor, Minerva’s, heart and many others.
- Pray for their new co-workers to Taiwan.
- Pray for their Christmas outreaches. The church kids and teens will perform a play on November 25th, Lord willing. Pray that many friends and family members will come to see them act. Pray that unsaved people will attend not only this outreach but all the other subsequent outreaches that stretch through the month of December.
Bill and Becky Petite in Japan
- Pray for Mrs. Chizuru and Mrs. Uchizono: two unsaved ladies who have attended services.
- Pray for the healing of Hiroko (cancer) Mrs. Terakawa's health and the salvation of her husband, and healing for Pastor Tago (OPLL)
- Pray for our health, energy and vision for outreach.
- Pray for Bill as he will be speaking at special services at the Sasebo Deaf Baptist Church in November.
- Pray for our daughter-in-law, Motoi`s father, Kazuo, is both dealing with adrenal cancer and pain and suffering brought on by MRSA contracted during treatment.
- Pray that new people in Izumi might be saved.
- Pray for a future leader for the church.
Mark and Debbie Seymour, BMM
- Pray for Mark as he travels to Africa to teach Bible classes and for the 30 students who will be attending his classes.
- Pray for Debbie as she remains in the States.
- Pray for BMM and for obedient candidates to be added to the missionary ranks.
Cameron and Kerry Woolford, Servant Leaders International
- Pray for Cristina Torres, who has finished her ministry internship with Servant Leaders and is in the process of becoming a missionary to Spain. Cameron is asking for prayer for her needed finances to make this happen as well as the logistical details to help her transition.
- Pray for the efforts of Rich and Julia Rudolph in Leipzig, Germany, to plant more churches.
- Cam is currently teaching 3 classes (Sept-Nov.) with pastors and missionaries in Latin America. The classes are: Team Ministry, Biblical Counseling Foundations and Stewardship of the Personal and Ministry Life of the Leader. Please pray for effectiveness in providing knowledge, changing of character and creating new skills for these men and women in local church ministry through these resources.
- In the month of October our family will be reporting to supporting churches. Please continue to pray that God blesses the churches and individuals that bless us with monthly support. We have seen two supporting churches close their doors within the last year. God has been so very faithful using His church to provide for our ministry over 28 years.
- Cam will be in Ecuador the first part of November meeting with the Servant Leaders team. Pray for the ministry retreat that we will be having as well as times of encouragement and strategic planning for the mission of God in Ecuador. Continue to pray for the 3 church plants in Ecuador and for more to become involved.
Joe and Esther Keim, Mission to Amish People (MAP)
- Pray for Bible study leaders as they shepherd students who are desiring to learn God’s Word better, through the Plowman’s Academy.
- Pray for The ABC Project that mails Bible studies to 32,000 Amish homes. They have 49,000 more Amish addresses in their database that have not received the first lesson in The ABC Bible study. Pray for these financial donations to be met for them to reach this goal.
Dave, Ruth Ann and Andrea Rogers, ABWE Chile
- Pray for the needed funding to cover the $810 in travel costs.
- Pray for the skilled helpers, the teachers, the writers and the finances to keep the GROW (training) ministry going forward!
Chris & Darcy Vergiels, Brazil with BMM
- Pray for two new families that are visiting their church.
- Pray for wisdom to make repairs to property damage from a recent storm.
- Pray for continued progress with church documents… particularly for their Municipal Registration for Presidente Prudente.
Current & Active Missionaries
Nate & Maam Beckman
Serving in Thailand
Serving Missionaries in Asia & The Pacific
Nate grew up in the Central African Republic as the son of BMM missionaries Larry and Paula Beckman. Nate later served short-term in Thailand, where he met his wife, Maam. They joined BMM in 2001 and serve as church planters in Bangkok, Thailand.
Dave & Jeannie Ferguson
First Vice President and Administrator for Missionary Services
Dave and his wife, Jeannie, served as BMM missionaries with Campus Bible Fellowship from 1987 until 2002, before Dave joined our home office team as Assistant to the President/Director of Special Projects. He took his current position in 2017.
As Administrator for Missionary Services, Dave is responsible for administrative oversight and coordination of the Missionary Services working group, which is comprised of the following services: Missionary Finance, Field Administration, Special Projects, and Crisis Management.
Steve & Beth Gault
Field Administrator for Africa and Europe
Steve grew up in Central African Republic as a BMM MK. In 1991, he and his wife, Beth, joined BMM and served as church planters in his homeland. Civil wars caused the Gaults to relocate to Côte d’Ivoire and then to Cameroon. In his last 11 years in Africa, Steve also served as BMM’s Africa coordinator before joining the home office team in 2015.
Steve serves in a pastoral and consulting role for the missionaries serving in his fields. Steve and Beth come alongside missionaries to help them thrive in life and ministry.
Joe & Esther Keim
Mission to Amish People
Joe and Esther Keim were both born and raised in the Old Order Amish Community. They had been taught that only by keeping the Amish ordinance would they be able to get to heaven. Through the testimony and prayers of his friend, Paul, Joe realized that it was only through accepting Jesus as his Savior that he would get to heaven. Both he and Esther came to know the Lord, were married and soon became outcasts of the Amish for their new beliefs. Though they became involved in church and began to serve, they were burdened for the Amish and the desire for each to hear the clear message of salvation. The result of this call is Mission to Amish People. The three-fold purpose is to 1) Evangelize and disciple Amish and former Amish people; 2) Assist older teenagers and young adults who have already left the Amish culture by providing basic life skills; and 3) Expand MAP all over North America.
Ken & Amy Lowe
Serving with Faith Global Missions in Portugal
Ken and Amy have extensive experience working in Portugal. The Lowes worked in Portugal for over 15 years before returning to the States for the last 10 years. They are now desiring to return to Portugal to focus upon Biblical Counseling training and leadership development with local Portuguese churches. This is a key time of resourcing leaders in Portugal as churches strive to grow and reproduce. Ken has been ACBC certified since 2007 and his D.Min focused on leadership development through the local church.
Bill & Becky Petite
Serving in Japan
Association of Baptists for World Evangelism
Bill and Becky Petite are serving in Southern Japan and are involved with church planting, English teaching, the Living Hope Gospel Choir and Bill is Field Council Treasurer. They also teach English and Bible Classes, interpret for the deaf.
Jason & Adele Rice
Serving in Slovakia
Directing a Region - Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Association of Baptists for World Evangelism
Jason and Adele Rice live and serve in Slovakia. They support national partners through discipleship, preaching, teaching, and music. Jason has been serving as the regional director for Eastern Europe and Central Asia since April 2021. The focus of this role is vision casting, team development, member care, strategic planning, event facilitation, mobilization, and partnership development throughout the region.
Dave & Ruth Ann Rogers
Serving in Chile
Association of Baptists for World Evangelism
Dave and Ruth Ann Rogers serve in Chile. Dave focuses on partnering with Chilean believers to plant churches (presently New Life Baptist) and equip leaders through the Seminary, overseeing the publications ministry, and field team leadership. Ruth Ann emphasizes the discipleship of women and teaching.
Josh & Rachel Stewart
Serving in Taiwan
The Stewarts joined BMM in 2010 to serve in Asia. Their current ministry is in Taiwan.
Michael & Sherri Vanek
Faith Baptist Church and Community Center
Michael and Sherri Vanek serve at the Faith Baptist Church and Community Center in inner-city Cleveland, Ohio. The church and center exist to preach the gospel, teach the Scriptures, and helping people grow into productive servants of Jesus Christ as He builds His church in inner-city Cleveland. To accomplish this mission, the Church & Center offer a variety of programs and free services including meals, a clothing store, medical services, pregnancy services, parenting classes, addiction classes, men’s, women’s and children’s programs, and church services.
Chris & Darcy Vergiels
Serving in Brazil
Chris was saved from a Catholic background in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Darcy was born in Brazil to Baptist Mid-Missions missionaries, Bob & Corrine Jones and trusted Christ as her Savior when she was five. We met in grad school at Bob Jones University and sensed God’s call in our lives for Brazil in 1991, joining the BMM in 1993. After our deputation ministry, we arrived in Brazil in January of 1997, where we worked in team ministry in metro Sao Paulo. After 6 years, we moved to the interior of the state of Sao Paulo to start Victory Baptist Church in Osvaldo Cruz. After this church graduated, the Lord moved us an hour away to the city of Presidente Prudente in 2016. Presently, we have a group of believers and meet in a rented facility. We are looking forward to purchasing property and constructing our church building. This is especially important in a Catholic culture because they look at the building as the church. Once our building is constructed, that barrier will be removed and more will come to hear the gospel preached and respond to accept Christ as Savior. We are excited to be part of God's work, building His church here in Presidente Prudente!
Joel & Sarah Wagner
Serving in Myanmar
Joel & Sarah Wagner serve in Myanmar with Bibles International, the Bible Society of Baptist Mid-Missions. Joel is the Field Translation Consultant. His role is to train nationals, biblical exegesis and linguistic analysis. Their goal is to assist nationals to bring God's Word to their own people in their own language. Currently, they are based in Chiang Mai Thailand and able to continue our translation work from there while they pray for the situation in Myanmar to be resolved.
Rob & Penny Whitty
Serving in Ghana
Our story is really our journey of becoming the "living sacrifice" mentioned in Romans 12:1. We are both products of a Christian home, but we both struggled as teens to find our way in the Christian life. We married on October 27, 1984, and God richly blessed us in the succeeding years with five wonderful children. Early in our journey we committed to the local church and to our own personal growth. It was in the arena of the local church that God planted the desire for Him deep in our hearts.
In the Spring of 1995, we committed ourselves to ministry, knowing it would be the mission field but not certain of the location. After several years of deputation and several bumps in the road, we landed in Ghana in the fall of 2003. Looking back we sense that God used every step of the journey to prepare us for this ministry. Even when we didn’t know where we would be, the Lord knew! Right now we are privileged to serve the Lord in the Bono Region. Here we have helped a national-led church expand its ministry and, in 2019, the church opened a Christian school. We cannot believe how God has directed and led through all these events!
Cameron & Kerry Woolford
Church Planting through Church Multiplication
Servant Leaders International
Our family has been involved in Church Planting and Leadership Training for 25 years. We have participated in 7 church plants working in the United States, Ecuador, and Costa Rica. We are grateful that God has given us the privilege to see His church become a light in communities where confusion and spiritual darkness reign. We look forward to seeing how God will use our family in the years to come to further His Kingdom.